Tuesday 21 August 2018

Our technology rotation

Making Geoboards

Hi bloggers. From the beginning of term 3 we have been doing a rotation. There were 3 rotations. The first one was making geoboards. We got a ruler, saw, pencil and wood. We first measured our wood and cut it when it was 25 centimeters. Then we cut the wood with our saw. When we finished that we then used a permanent marker to make 25 dots on the board. When we finished that we got nails and hammered them in the dots. 

The team challenge

In the team challenge we had to make a thing that could hold a marble. The materials were wool, paper, 2 metres of tape and scissors. We had to make long too. This is what my group made. 


Papertronics 

In papertronics we had a led light and a battery. The materials were tin foil, led light, battery,  paper and a thing that carries power. We had to make the light work. My one didn't work. For this one there were no photos.

I have learnt how to use a saw and how to make something out of wool, paper, 2 metres of tape and scissors.


2 Comments:

At 10 September 2018 at 10:46 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, my name is Saleh and I am a student in Manukau at Waikowhai Primary School. I really like how you explained how to make a Geoboard. It made me think of when I made a Geoboard. Have you thought about putting the circuit photo in your blog? If you would like to see my learning, my blog is http://wpssalehf.blogspot.com/

 
At 11 September 2018 at 10:30 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, my name is Faris and I am a student in room Waitemata at Waikowhai Primary School. I really like the way you made your geoboard. It made me think of how I made my geoboard. Have you thought about making the nails tighter? It made me think of when my nails were that straight. If you would like to see my learning, my blog is https://wpsfarisa.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home